Saturday, May 15, 2010

We dont get to camp much in the fall and winter. So when spring and summer get here, Jeremy and I are usually debating (thats a nice way to put it) about who is going to "get" the weekends. You see spring is prime fishing time because something about the fish being on the beds???? I dont know, either way we battle over the weekends! I want to go out of town camping and he wants to fish! It would be perfect if I liked to camp at the lake. But lake camping is just not my thing. There is nothing to do there. Its dirty and boring! We dont have a boat (other than Jeremy's bass boat which is not much fun unless you like to fish) so there is not much to do. You will not catch me swimming in the lake. I would much rather be at the beach or somewhere like water country or busch gardens. Thats where we went this past weekend. We left Friday afternoon and had an awesome weekend at Busch Gardens! Here are some pics from our first trip of the summer.


Caroline in the Land Of Dragons. Look at that pose!


Jake taking a break from the rides


Burgers and fries from Squires Grill in England, our favorite!!


Next it was off to Sesame Street Forest of Fun!!!


One of us has to ride with Caroline on this ride
because she tries to jump out of the boat!!


Then it was back to the Land Of Dragons.


We do a lot of walking back and forth between the kid's areas......Let me rephrase that,
Jeremy and I do a lot of walking......Jake and Caroline are usually riding in some fashion.


Jeremy enjoyed this one with them. Doesnt he look like he is having fun???? Actually, he is laughing because I kept trying to get him on camera shooting me the bird for making him ride this one.
 I couldn't ever get it, but I got a nice smile!


This is one of my favorites!


Jeremy often straps Caroline in. He doesn't trust me to get it tight enough.
The poor child probably can't breathe!!


We did get a chance to ride the sky lift to the other side of the park, but then discovered we would have been closer to the kids rides by just walking!! :(

Jake wanted to play a lot of games this trip....you know those $5 games where you win a tiny stuffed animal? We tried to convince him it wasn't worth it, but didn't have much luck. At least his favorite was the fishing game which actually took him a long time to do by himself. At lease he got his $ worth!!!


After spending the day at the park, we roasted marshmellows at the campsite!


Saturday morning we hit seseme street early.
Caroline gave some love to some of the characters!!!


Jake was excited to conquer Grovers Roller Coaster this year! He was so proud. He made sure he told Grover he rode it 3 times! He was a few inches shy of being able to ride any of the bigger rides - not that I would have been able to get him on them!!!


Jeremy and Caroline rode the kid version of the drop zone.


I think Caroline is having second thoughts!!!


But soon decides she likes it!


My little dare devil!



Back to Sesame Street for some more fun in the sun! I never feel bad about all the crap I eat while we are there (funnel cake, ice cream etc) because I walk it off going back and forth!!


We usually go to Water Country USA in the am when it is hot and then hit Busch Gardens in the evening when it cools off, but Water Country is not open yet. So, we played in the water in Sesame Street Forest of Fun. They have a mini water park that the kids love. Every hour they turn the water off and the characters come out on stage and sing and dance.


Jake and Caroline dance to the music. I am going to post a couple of videos of the water park also.
Be sure to check them out!


The water is Caroline's favorite part!!


After getting soaked, we went back to the camper to rest for a while.
We rented these bikes and had a blast!


I knew it. I am the one that walked up to the office and rented the bike and I knew Jeremy was gonna claim it as soon as he saw it. But he didnt last too long and gave it back to me!



We headed back later in the day and rode some more!
I wonder what he is saying to her!


I think Jeremy likes the Land of Dragons as much as the kids! What do you think?


Back to Sesame Street.
Jake actually took some pics with the characters this year without crying!


What a HAM!!!


While taking a break from the heat, we made some special Mother's Day gifts!


Caroline and hot wax DO NOT MIX!!!
I hope those of you who get the gifts like them because we lost some skin cells trying to have Caroline help with them!!!


We had an awesome time!!
We will be headed to Cape Hatteras next for Memorial day so stay tuned for more fun pics!!









1 comment:

  1. I think we may be going sometime this summer. Jason has planned out a going to Great Wolf Lodge, Bush Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach for a whole week. We'll see! It has been several years since I have been to Bush Gardens.

    ReplyDelete