Friday, March 25, 2011

SPRING IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I can see signs of spring!  I absolutely hate winter!  And after a winter of throwing up every day, all day, I am extra happy to see the warm weather!!!!!  Even though winter was tough, we had a lot going on. I went on field trips for both Caroline and Jake's class to the science museum.  4 floors of scavenger hunting and studying fossils!!  But we had fun.  Sometimes it is hard to make yourself take off work.  But these are the times that everyone should cherish!!!  Even if it means following a bunch of rowdy kids up and down the floors while trying really hard not to puke!!  I have been on all field trips this year and that is something I plan to continue.
Caroline enjoyed looking at all the exhibits.
Especially the water ones!  Here I am pulling her away after she tried to climb into the waterfall!!!

She is getting so big!  I can barely manage her anymore - especially now that I am pregnant!
But she will always be my sweet girl!
I was one of the few chaperons for Jake's class.  I had Jake and Giovanni.  They are both....lets just say energetic....yeah that's a good way to put it.
This was their reaction to the worm exhibit (below).  We had to do a scavenger hunt.  I took their picture with every item they found!  Jake is so wild sometimes but I try to remind myself that one day I will look back and miss that!  Plus, right now I am all sentimental and mushy because I am pregnant.  Sometimes I sit on his or Caroline's bed and watch them sleep.  I know one day they will be grown and not right down the hall from me all the time :( 
In January, I volunteered to bring the special winter snack for his class.  We made snowmen out of donuts, icing, marshmallows, and some other accessory material!  The kids loved it!!

I got the kids sleds before our last snow.
The kids and the adults loved sledding down the hill beside our house...well the kids and Jeremy and Joey (our next door neighbor) that is....Heather and I just watched and laughed!  We have permanent tracks in the grass now where they ran out of snow but kept sledding!
Here is Jake and Kristen.  I am sad to report they are moving back to Florida :(
Caroline was not diggin the cold.  She went down the hill a few times and she was done.
The other three retired to the couch with popcorn and a movie after a day of sledding.
 
A few weeks later we took Jake, Addison, and Caroline to the circus.
Jake and Addison had a good time but Caroline enjoyed it the most!
Addison spent the night with us and these 3 played supermario much of the next day.
 
MarioKart is a big hit in our house!!!
Finally spring has arrived and we have been hanging out in the back yard a lot.
A couple weekends ago we cleaned out the trampoline and played.  Sadly, the storm took it airborne and tossed into the woods behind our house!!

Jake started t-ball in March. 
My business is sponsoring his team and Jeremy is one of the coaches 
He is much better this year!!
Caroline loves to play on the playground with Claire.  
Cal likes the playground too!
Jeremy and Cal are in 2 fishing clubs this year...the bass boat and the jon boat. 
Their team name for the jon boat club is Bassholes!!
Here they are with their matching team shirts on.  Don't they look cute?
I never knew fishing was so technical but you should see the 2 of them upstairs the night before a tournament.  Cal bunks upstairs almost every other weekend to either fish or pre-fish.  I feel like he is my third kid or fourth if your already count Jeremy!!!  I'm joking Cal - you are welcome to stay anytime and eat all the mac and cheese you want!! They go through all the lures they will be taking to the lake.  Of course this depends on which direction the wind is blowing, if there is a warm or cold front approaching, the temperature, and a bunch of other crap that I don't remember.  There are lures/bait of every size and color.  I am still not sure I buy that a fish can tell the difference between a green worm that has orange sparkles and a green one that has reddish orange sparkles but whatever!!
Jeremy's new bass boat
Before the jon boat season began, they worked to remodel an old jon boat that Cal had.  It was in pretty bad shape.  Here they are working to make it float!!!
 
 
I must say I had my doubts about this boat.  These are the image that came to my mind!!
 
  
But after all the hard work, it really looked good

 and they have enjoy fishing  - without sinking -  in both boats!! 

Jake's new thing is video games.  He (and Jeremy too sometimes) seem addicted!!!!   Caroline likes to watch him play.  I got some cute pics of them. 
A couple of weeks ago I took Jake and his friend Jake Roberson to see Moms Needs Mars.  I took their picture in front of the Pirates of the Caribbean display.  That movie will be out this summer and it looks like it is gonna be awesome!!!!

And last but not least if any of you have not heard, it is going to be a girl!!!! 

I have not taken a lot of pics recently but I have been feeling a little better so more to come later.





No comments:

Post a Comment